What is VPN?
What is VPN?
Anonymity: You remain anonymous. Everything you do now on the Internet is about the secure connection of the VPN servers. Your own IP address (and therefore identity) is no longer visible to the outside world.
Security: In most cases, a VPN connection is an end-to-end encrypted connection. This means that anything done between the beginning and end of the connection is encrypted from start to finish. As a result, it is not possible for cyber criminals to see what happened over this connection.
Other location: The content of internet services (e.g. Netflix) is different from each other in many countries. By choosing a VPN connection on a server in another country, the Internet thinks you're there (you get an IP address from the server in that particular country). This allows you to theoretically view the content of the country with which you have set up the VPN connection.
How does VPN work?
A VPN connection step-by-step:
- Choose a VPN provider that suits you best.
- Connect with a server of the VPN provider.
- Use the handy app offered by the VPN provider.
- Or connect by manually setting VPN on your device.
What can you use a VPN connection for?
- Use a VPN connection to encrypt everything you do on the internet.
- Use a VPN connection to hide your identity (IP address).
- Use a VPN connection to hide your actual location.
- Use a VPN connection to view region-blocked website.
- Use a VPN connection to watch live TV or broadcast missed TV shows from abroad.
- Use a VPN connection to securely connect to a free or public WiFi.
- Use a VPN connection to get a different offer from, for example, Netflix.
- Use a VPN connection to prevent internet censorship in some countries.
Which VPN providers do you recommend?
What is meant by the different VPN protocols?